Lemon water is undoubtedly one of the healthiest drinks one can consume, as it is a rich source of important vitamins, minerals, and vital trace elements.
This is the nutrient breakdown for one glass of this medicinal drink, which would be the juice of half a lemon in a glass of water:
- Calories: 9
- Sugars: Less than 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 25% of the RDI
- Folate: 1% of the RDI
- Potassium: 1% of the RDI
Lemon water is low in calories and sugar, but rich in various nutrients. It is also abundant in numerous beneficial substances and is a source of plant compounds called flavonoids, many of which offer potent antioxidant properties that protect the body cells from damage. Flavonoids also boost blood circulation, improve insulin sensitivity and other aspects of metabolic health, and reduce oxidative stress and damage.
It energizes and detoxifies the body and offers countless health benefits, such as:
- This drink helps the liver to produce more enzymes and thus improves its function
- It fights symptoms of colds, such as sore throat, and tonsil inflammation, due to the anti-inflammatory property of lemon
- It is rich in vitamin C, which improves skin health and revitalizes the body
- It ensures healthy and regular bowel movements
- It provides plenty of hydrating electrolytes in the form of potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- It alleviates muscle and joint pain
- The citric acid in lemon water interacts with various enzymes in the body and stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, helping digestion
- It helps the liver to eliminate toxins from the body
- Vitamin C acts as an adaptogen, and is beneficial during pregnancy, as it helps the body to treat viruses, and supports the bone tissue formation in unborn babies
- It alkalizes the body and prevents numerous diseases
- Lemon water dissolves kidney stones, gallstones, calcium deposits, and pancreatic stones
- It strengthens the immune system and protects against free radical damage
- The high potassium content treats depression and anxiety
- The high pectin content prevents food cravings and helps weight loss
- It neutralizes acidity in the body and treats heartburn
- Since it alkalizes the body, it effectively prevents cancer, which cannot thrive in such an environment
- It cleanses the blood and arteries
- The consumption of lemon water lowers high blood pressure
- It dilutes excess uric acid and alleviates gout pain
- It fights gingivitis and relieves toothache
Therefore, start the day with a glass of this amazing drink and enjoy your optimal health!
The post Lemon Water Benefits – 20 Reasons To Add To Your Morning Routine appeared first on Healthy Food House.